USTJ-KAMENOGORSK, Kazakhstan – Asia Avto, the first vehicle production plant in the central Asian republic of Kazakhstan, has started assembly of the Lada Niva 2121 SUV. The vehicles are being built from kits imported from Russian vehicle maker OAO AvtoVAZ. Lada Niva SUV The company currently assembles four to six vehicles a day and will have built its first 100 units by the end of this month. Plans call for daily output of 20 vehicles in February. Asia Avto aims to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lada Assembly Starts in Kazakhstan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.