FRANKFURT – Jaguar Cars people talk of JLR – Jaguar Land Rover. Understandably, Land-Rover folk prefer LRJ. Neither abbreviation is official, of course, but the fact they are being uttered is a clear signal that within Ford's Premier Automotive Group, Jaguar and Land Rover are quietly merging to effectively become a single company. Currently a shared 12-man operating committee runs both auto makers, which remain separate legal entities, plus Aston Martin. This committee ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Land Rover, Jaguar Appear Headed for Merger" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.