WASHINGTON – Challenging the public’s perception of the American auto industry, and General Motors Corp in particular, Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president-vehicle sales, service and marketing, comes out with guns blazing in a recent feisty speech to the Washington Auto Press Assn. here. Showing signs of the toughness he displayed as a football player at the nearby University of Virginia, LaNeve admits Detroit’s Big Three have been guilty of passivity in the past, but he says the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LaNeve Debunks U.S. Auto Industry Myths" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.