Chrysler Group President and CEO Tom LaSorda is unfazed by the challenge of ensuring China-built vehicles will satisfy the quality expectations of American and European consumers. LaSorda, regarded industry-wide as a manufacturing whiz with exacting standards, says he is confident Chrysler’s prospective B-car partner, Chery Automobile Co. Ltd., can build competitive products for export. He’s toured Chery’s manufacturing facilities “a few times” and describes them as state-of-the-art. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LaSorda Shows Confidence in Chery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.