SAO PAULO – The last of the original Volkswagen Beetles are on their way to Brazil. A batch of 15, built at Volkswagen de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in Puebla, Mexico, July 30, are the last of the Beetles that will be sold here. The cars, which will come equipped with a 1.6L engine, chrome bumpers and hubcaps and whitewall tires, will be priced at $13,500. The original Beetle was in production for nearly 70 years, with the first built on June 22, 1934.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Last Beetles in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.