MUMBAI – Workers at Maruti Suzuki India’s Manesar plant are on strike for the fourth time in four months, this time with police intervention. The employee-controlled union’s latest demand is for reinstatement of 44 workers suspended over the previous 33-day walkout, which ended Oct. 1, six days before the current work stoppage. It also is calling for reinstatement of 1,000 temporary contract workers, whom the auto maker has kept out for “indiscipline.” India’s High Court ordered 1,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Latest Strike at Suzuki Maruti Plant Entering Second Week" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.