Eaton Corp.’s Fluid Power Group says it will begin trial road tests of a garbage truck fitted with a unique new hybrid propulsion system specifically designed to increase the efficiency of heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Eaton's Fluid Power Group says the typical refuse collection truck with a 33,000-65,000-lb. (14,969-29,484 kg) gross vehicle weight – about 75,000 are operating in the U,S – makes 800-1,200 stops per day, burns $5,000-$10,000 of fuel per year and requires brake maintenance ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Launch-Assist Hybrid to Begin Road Tests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.