The 50-50 joint venture between interiors giant Lear Corp. and mirror and trim supplier Donnelly Corp. has big plans to supply full headliner systems that integrate overhead consoles, clips, handles, electronics and eventually mirrors or “vision systems.” Now, Lear-Donnelly Overhead Systems wants to include audio in its overhead product range. Not just any audio system, but one that uses next-generation lightweight, flat-panel “sound zones” in the headliner to eliminate bulky conventional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lear-Donnelly Preps OASys for '03" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.