Lear Corp. has not secured new work to replace the seating contract for the revamped '02 Ford Windstar that it lost to Magna Corp., says Vice Chairman Jim Vandenberghe. He says there is still time to find a new contract. On the decision to move assembly of second-row Windstar seating from the Lear plant in Oakville, Ont., to Romulus, MI, Mr. Vandenberghe says there was too much product at the Canadian plant, too much clutter, and quality was an issue. Employment levels in Oakville ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lear Looks to Fill Gap Left by Windstar Loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642