Lear Corp. is moving some of its seat production for the Ford Windstar minivan from Oakville, Ont., to Lear's Romulus No. 2 plant in Michigan. Lear has been producing all three rows of seats for Windstar in Oakville. Production has exceeded current capacity at Oakville because of high demand for the vehicle, so the company will move second-row seat production to Romulus rather than expand the Oakville plant. The move, expected in May, will result in 215 layoffs at Oakville. At Romulus, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lear Moves Windstar Seat Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.