DEARBORN – Engineers and executives from Osram Sylvania’s Automotive Lighting unit say light-emitting diode (LED) technology is fast becoming the darling of auto interior and exterior designers. The technology’s high-tech-yet-inviting appearance and easy application is accelerating its use in the automotive sector. LEDs, miniscule solid-state lights driven by the movement of electrons on microchips, have two primary advantages over incandescent bulbs: There is no filament to burn out, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LEDs Invading Vehicle Interiors, Taillamps" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.