LAS VEGAS – The relationship between the Subaru Legacy and its Outback trim level historically has been somewhat awkward. The Outback, traditionally 70% of Legacy mix, has been more upscale and more off-road capable, while the Legacy – especially the weak-selling sedan – was relegated to also-ran status, even though the trend-setting Outback originally sprang from the Legacy platform. Outback is flashier big brother to Subaru Legacy sedan. This undesirable differentiation came ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Legacy Gets Its Due; Outback More Truck-Like" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.