LEIPZIG, GERMANY – Three years after announcing plans to build a new assembly plant in this small former communist East German town, Porsche AG launches production of its new Cayenne cross/utility vehicle. Porsche's Leipzig plant produces the new Cayenne cross/utility vehicle The auto maker invested E127 million ($123 million) in the facility – its first greenfield plant, marking a new chapter in Porsche’s product history that tests unchartered waters. Porsche’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Leipzig Krownjuwelen for Porsche" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.