WINDSOR, ON, Canada – Canadian governments should maintain an ownership stake in General Motors Co. to ensure the nation’s place in the auto maker’s manufacturing future, says Ken Lewenza, president of the Canadian Auto Workers union. “Having a face at the table with partial ownership could push future investment, future security,” Lewenza tells reporters here following a public appearance at a Rotary Club luncheon. “Not just for our members, but economic security as a nation.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lewenza Urges Caution on GM IPO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.