Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus division issues a challenge to BMW AG with the release of its '01 IS 300 compact sports sedan. Lexus officials say the new vehicle is a direct competitor to the BMW 3-series, and many features of the IS 300, from dimensions to engine block, mirror the 328i. The rear-drive sports sedan is powered by an all-new 3.0L inline 6-cyl., similar in design, character and output to the 2.8L inline six that powers the BMW 3-series. The powerplant, which puts out 215 hp at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus IS 300 to Challenge 3-Series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.