Studies have shown at least a third of all airbag-related injuries are facial in nature. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says airbags typically deploy at speeds of about 100 mph (160 km/h) and can cause scratches and scrapes, and, in rare cases, eye injuries. The twin-chamber airbag on the IS could appear on other Lexus offerings. With these statistics in mind, Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus luxury division designed what it calls the world's first twin-chamber airbag, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Airbag Saving Face" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.