Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Lexus unit will unveil an all-new V-8-powered version of its IS midsize luxury car at next month’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The ’08 IS-F will have substantially more power than its 204-hp 2.5L V-6 and 306-hp 3.5L V-6 brethren, Toyota says, adding there will be unique styling cues as well to differentiate the IS-F from the IS 250 and IS 350. The IS-F will go on sale next year in the U.S. Reports suggest Lexus has more “F” version ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus to Debut New IS Performance Variant in Detroit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.