NEW YORK – Lexus’ first dedicated hybrid, the slow-selling HS 250h, soon will exit the luxury brand’s lineup, a top brand official tells WardsAuto. “There is a 2012 model, but the HS essentially is in its sellout phase and there won't be another generation here,” Mark Templin, group vice president and general manager for Lexus’ U.S. arm says. “The HS was never intended for multiple generations here, (and) we’ll have other alternatives.” The HS, sharing a platform with Toyota’s European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Dropping HS Hybrid, Bringing Revamped Arsenal to Luxury-Brand Battle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.