SALINAS, CA – At the heart of the new ’08 Lexus IS-F sport sedan sits an advanced powertrain combination capable of producing stellar performance without impeding the Japanese auto maker’s penchant for refinement. On sale early next year, the IS-F is tasked with confronting the formidable BMW M3 and Audi RS4 and their respective 4.0L (414 hp) and 4.2L V-8s (420 hp). The Lexus’ larger-displacement 5.0L DOHC V-8, known as the 2UR-GSE, is a solid match for the German thoroughbreds in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus IS-F V-8, 8-Speed Automatic an Impressive Pair" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.