NEW YORK – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Lexus luxury division unveils its new GS 450h hybrid sedan at the auto show here, promising the halo vehicle will boast “substantially” more power than the 300 hp delivered by the V-8 equipped GS 430. The hybrid, set to go on sale in spring 2006 as an ’07 model, features a 3.5L V-6 gasoline engine to go with its electric motor. Mark Templin, Lexus vice president-sales and marketing, promises acceleration time of 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in less than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus: GS Hybrid More Powerful Than GS 430; 600% Increase for IS Predicted" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.