The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. has never tested the Lexus GX SUV for rollover risk or crashworthiness, even though the model has been on the U.S. market for seven years. The revelation comes to light as the GX undergoes harsh public scrutiny. Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. this week ordered its dealers to stop selling the new-for-’11 GX 460 and provided loaners for existing buyers after testing by Consumer Reports magazine discovered a handling anomaly. When subjected to fast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus GX Not Previously Subject to NHTSA Safety Scrutiny" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.