The IS300 compact sports sedan, the newest addition to Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus division luxury lineup, will hit the market this summer with only an automatic transmission. But Lexus plans to add a 5-speed manual transmission option for '02, officials say. Lexus claims it is waiting a year for a manual transmission because it had to “stand in the queue” at Toyota engineering, and it was more important to get the vehicle to market, with or without a manual option. Europe's version, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Plans Manual Trans for IS300 in '02" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.