Inspired by the demographics of Toyota Prius buyers, Lexus is shifting its focus and preparing to put more advertising muscle behind its lineup of hybrid-electric vehicles. Last week, Toyota Motor Corp. CEO President Katsuaki Watanabe announced plans for a new dedicated hybrid Lexus that would emphasize fuel economy, a departure from the more performance-oriented HEVs currently dotting the luxury brand’s lineup. Lexus HEV sales slipped some in 2007, but the move to green light ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus to Put More Marketing Muscle Behind Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.