SAN DIEGO – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Lexus brand once again is tweaking the sales target for its new dedicated hybrid-electric vehicle, the HS 250h. After dropping the goal from 30,000 to 25,000, Lexus now is calling for annual sales in the U.S. to fall within the 20,000-22,000-unit range, Mark Templin, Lexus group vice president and general manager, tells Ward’s. “Right now, there’s so much demand for that product in Japan…maybe 20,000-22,000 might be more realistic,” Templin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Readjusts Hybrid Sales Goal Downward; New Convertible Meeting Target" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.