PARIS — The battle in the U.K. over luxury car brands is heating up. BMW AG regained some lost ground in March and April, when a public backlash over its sale of the Rover Group hit sales hard. Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus Div. is doing the crowing for the moment, with a 165% sales' gain in the first five months, compared to BMW's 5.2% decline. “It seems public bad feeling towards BMW over the Rover saga has given many customers reason to investigate other prestige brands,” a Lexus ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus sees sales surge in the U.K." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.