Is the U.S. marketplace nearing a critical mix shift in the wake of 2010’s light-truck sales surge? Light trucks outsold cars for the first time since 2007, claiming 51.2% of the market, according to Ward’sdata. But the most popular light trucks owe much of their appeal to cars. Cross/utility vehicles, which are built on car platforms and boast car-like ride and handling and fuel-economy benefits, topped all light-truck segments with 2.8 million deliveries – 47.9% of all light-trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Light-Truck Sales Jump Raises Questions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.