Strong interest in Ford Motor Co. light-truck products helped keep the auto maker’s sales from sliding further than the double-digit decline it suffered in August, according to Ward’s data. Sales of Ford products – which include the Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar brands – fell 14.8% last month, when results are adjusted for total sales days. Car deliveries dropped 33.7%, despite a recent market trend that has seen volatile gasoline prices discourage shoppers from buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Light-Truck Sales Stave Off Sharp Decline at Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.