The new '04 Dodge full-sized sport/utility vehicle (SUV) from DaimlerChrysler AG will be launched with two frames and two wheelbases, Ward's has learned. Details are emerging on the next Dodge Ram platform which will give birth to the automaker's first full-size SUV in '04, to be built at the Pillette Road Truck Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ont. When the SUV finally bows, there will be a lighter frame, short-wheelbase version to compete in the under 8,500 lbs. GVW segment of light trucks. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Light/Heavy Versions of Dodge SUV for '04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.