Ford Motor Co. is boosting production of its SVT F-150 Lightning to go with the pickup's increased horsepower. The automaker is raising by 50% the number of Lightnings scheduled to roll off the line of its Oakville, Ont. truck plant — from 2000's total of 4,996, to 7,500 this year. Ford insists the numbers won't jeopardize the “exclusivity” of the high-performance vehicle, a hallmark of its Special Vehicle Team (SVT) brand. The production hike was, in part, a response to demand by Ford's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lightning Production Numbers on Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.