Normally when you think about shaving pounds from a vehicle, you think of downsizing or substituting lighter alternatives to steel. Supplier Faurecia SA is proposing a weight reduction strategy that quite literally is a bare bones approach, sometimes stripping off the skin and “celebrating the substrate.” Dubbed “Light Attitude,” Faurecia is showing a grouping of interior and chassis design concepts that it says taken together can chop 66 lbs. (30 kg) from a vehicle’s weight. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lightweight Interior Concept Challenges Convention" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.