By integrating racing technology with volume cylinder head production, Linamar Corp. and its McLaren Performance Technologies subsidiary is helping auto makers greatly improve the power and refinement of their high-end sports cars. Known as Opti-Power and defined as an end-to-end design, development and manufacturing process, the technology is based around a 5-axis computer numerically controlled (CNC) “flexible machining” process, also known as contour milling. Five-axis milling has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Linamar Brings Racing Tech to Production Cylinder Heads" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.