Lincoln's new head of design says he plans to put the glamour back into Ford Motor Co.'s American luxury brand and bring down the age profile of today's buyer, all without alienating older buyers. “I want Lincoln to be the car to be in when you go collect your Oscar,” says an impassioned Gerry McGovern. “The vision for Lincoln has to be aspirational.” The design world reacted with disbelief when the youthful, longhaired Brit was appointed design director at Lincoln, for so long the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lincoln Designer Wants Glamour in Brand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.