Ford Motor Co. is banking that an 11th hour enhancement to the subframe of Ford Motor Co.'s all-new Lincoln LS will help it achieve a “best pick” rating when the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) tests the car next year. While the LS met all required federal government certification tests even without the change, a company spokesman says Ford decided to enhance the subframe so as not to give its competitors any advertisable advantage in the IIHS's 40-mph offset barrier test. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lincoln Enhances LS Subframe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.