NEW YORK — After being rebuffed in its efforts to export the LS, Ford Motor Co.'s Lincoln Div. is creating a new global strategy to transform itself into a global car company. Wolfgang Reitzle, chief of Ford's Premier Auto Group (PAG), was said to have reversed Lincoln's plans when he joined the company, reasoning that the LS competed with the Volvo S80 and would not add to Ford's luxury car sales in Europe. Lincoln executives have drafted a new strategy that has Reitzle's blessing to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lincoln studies new export plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.