Dow Corning claims its new synthetic gear oils offer three times the drain intervals and power savings of up to 17% when compared with conventional gear lubricants. The Molykote synthetic gear oils are designed for use in worm, helical, spur, bevel, hypoid and rack & pinion applications. Conventional mineral oils are produced using a solvent-based refining process, which retains a significant amount of impurities that can provide sites for oxidation to occur, causing premature aging ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Long-Life Synthetic Gear Oil Saves Power" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.