DETROIT â€“ Newly minted Buick-GMC General Manager Brian Sweeney says General Motors Co. will spend major marketing dollars to improve perception of the 106-year-old Buick brand, but at the end of the day products such as the new-for-â€™11 Regal must win over consumers. Sweeney, appointed yesterday to head the two marques, also admits the pressure is on to produce results quickly after GM Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre called for managers to hold or improve the auto makerâ€™s U.S. share as it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Longtime GM Manager Brian Sweeney Banks on Product to Drive Buickâ€™s Revival" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.