TOYOTA CITY — Japan's largest automaker is considering a major management makeover — to keep up with changing times or for more subtle reasons. Toyota Motor Corp.'s regular June shareholder meeting is expected to approve creation of a Western-style holding company as the first line of defense against the mega-mergers now shrinking the automotive world and, perhaps, to make major management changes. At the moment, theories vary as to what's going on. “There's a need to make and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Looming changes at Toyota spark speculation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.