CANBERRA – Australians could be buying Chinese and Indian cars for the price of personal computers by the end of the decade. The prediction comes as the first Chinese-built Volkswagen AG cars make their way to Australia. They are believed to be the first Chinese-made cars to enter a Western market. VW Polo Classic While the VW Polo Classic sedan will cost Australian consumers A$23,990 ($18,563), the Sydney Morning Herald says a Chinese car costing A$5,456 ($4,200) and an Indian car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Low-Priced Chinese Cars Headed for Oz Shores" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.