Federal-Mogul Corp.'s acquisition binge suffers a setback, as its latest target, U.K. brake and electronics specialist LucasVarity plc, accepts a better offer from TRW Inc. The LucasVarity/TRW deal creates a $12.8 billion supplier capable of meeting original equipment manufacturer (OEM) demands for greater modular assemblies. But Federal-Mogul Chief Executive Richard Snell is not ready to walk away from the deal. U.K. officials have granted a Federal Mogul request under U.K. Takeover Code, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LucasVarity Spurns Federal-Mogul for TRW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.