PALO ALTO, CA – A weak housing market has replaced high gas prices as the auto industry’s top anxiety in recent weeks. Still, Vice Chairman Bob Lutz says he’d rather see a General Motors Corp. flush with new products, even if 2007 gets off to a shaky start as expected when it comes to new-vehicle demand. “In a relatively weak market environment, the guy with the new product wins,” Lutz says in an interview with Ward's. “A weaker overall market always represents a more difficult market. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Confident of GM Product Lineup as Industry Sales Slip" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.