Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s SUVs and Quest minivan don’t stir Bob Lutz’s passion, but he says the Japanese auto maker has emerged as the global leader in producing appealing cars. “I like their new designs, but not uniformly. I think it’s a mixed bag,” says GM’s vice chairman-product development. Lutz likes Nissan’s 350Z sports car but not its new SUVs or minivan. He singles out the 350Z sports car, Altima sedan and Infiniti coupe for special praise. “I’m a little less thrilled about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Considers Nissan, Peugeot Design Leaders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.