Bob Lutz says he doesn't intend to stay with General Motors Corp. THAT many more years. The vice chairman of product development and chairman of North American operations, who will be 71 Feb. 12, says: "I'm not going to be here when I'm 81." Why? "I'm not going to stay around when I need help getting off an elevator," he replies.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Not Planning to Work Forever" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.