SAO PAULO – General Motors Corp.’s Bob Lutz says he likes what he saw on a recent trip here, including plans to produce a low-cost car designed to undercut the Renault Logan. On his blog on the GM website, the vice chairman-global product development characterizes his mid-June visit as “an emotionally rewarding experience,” lauding the “creativity and enthusiasm” the General Motors do Brasil Ltda. team has shown in dealing with severe financial, economic and competitive pressures. GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Says GM-Brazil Developing Low-Cost Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.