MEMPHIS, TN – General Motors Corp. loaded its ’08 Chevrolet Malibu with so much content that it should worry some Japanese luxury marques, says the auto maker’s chief product guru. “Take certain Japanese brands that do front-wheel-drive luxury cars that cost $45,000 to $48,000 and show me the difference,” Bob Lutz, vice chairman-global product development, tells Ward's during a preview here for the redesigned Malibu. “I’d like someone to account for the $20,000, because that’s gonna be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Says New Malibu Puts Luxury Marques on Notice" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.