Auto analysts see prestige brands – names such as Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and Cadillac – as the engine that will power automotive sales growth in the years ahead. Best-seller status of BMW 3-series may put it at risk of becoming a commodity vehicle. But there’s a danger that the growing proliferation of luxury models will rub some of the luster off prestige brand badging, one industry observer notes. Ward’s data show there will be 108 luxury models on the U.S. market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Luxury Brands to Drive Industry Sales Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.