Mazda Motor Corp. says Ikuo Maeda will replace Laurens van den Acker as general manager-Design Div., effective today. Van den Acker is leaving the auto maker “to pursue other interests,” but staying on until April 10 “to ensure a smooth transition to Maeda.” Maeda joined Mazda in 1982 and held positions in the U.S. and Japan. In the late 1980s, he spent three years at Mazda North American Operations’ design studio. In 1999 and 2000, Maeda spent time at former majority-owner Ford Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maeda to Replace van den Acker as Mazda Global Design Chief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.