DETROIT – Lincoln’s Blackwood program has given a black eye to Magna International Inc. A pesky fit problem with the luxury pickup’s cargo box, designed and manufactured by Magna Steyr, has delayed production of the high-profile niche vehicle, Ward’s has learned. And the holdup so irked Lincoln parent, Ford Motor Co., that the auto maker put a freeze on future business with the Canada-based supplier. “Magna’s a great supplier,” says Brian P. Kelley, president of Ford’s Lincoln and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Blacklisted for Blackwood Blunder" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.