DETROIT – Canada’s largest auto-parts supplier is joining the race to put high-volume electric vehicles on North American roads. Magna International Inc. brought a near-finished EV to Ford Motor Co. about a year ago, and the auto maker seized the opportunity to advance a project dear to Chairman Bill Ford Jr.’s heart. “For me, it’s incredibly exciting,” the Ford chairman told journalists after presenting the auto maker’s plans for hybrids and EVs at last month’s North American ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Electrifies Ford Relationship" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.