MADRID â€“ Magna International Inc. is offering to reduce job cuts to 1,300 from 1,650, at Adam Opel GmbHâ€™s Figueruelas, Spain, plant. The Figueruelas facility currently employs 7,500 workers. Reports say General Motors Co. could sign a deal to sell its 55% majority stake in Opel to Canadaâ€™s Magna as early as this week. Magnaâ€™s initial plans to cut more than 10,500 Opel workers across Europe has been met with fierce resistance from several European governments. Magna is proposing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Offers Fewer Job Cuts at Opelâ€™s Spanish Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.