DETROIT – Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG says it could begin production of vehicles in North America within 12 months, if it found the appropriate brownfield site and an OE willing to contract the supplier to build vehicles. While refusing to speculate on when exactly the supplier would establish a manufacturing presence in the region, Magna Steyr President and CEO Manfred Remmel tells reporters here his company would need to receive a commitment to build 150,000 vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Says North American Plant On Radar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.